Endonasal Endoscopic Surgery Newport Beach & Orange County, CA
Robert Louis, MD, Fellowship-Trained Brain Surgeon
Specializes in Endonasal Endoscopic Approach in Orange County
The endoscopic endonasal approach is an innovative surgical technique that uses the nose and sinuses as natural pathways to access and remove brain tumors and lesions in the critical areas of the base of the skull and upper spine. This approach is used for the treatment of sinonasal carcinoma, olfactory neuroblastomas, and meningiomas.
With Endoscopic Endonasal Approach:
- Dr. Louis can safely access and remove tumors and lesions of the skull base and top of the spine.
- An especially designed endoscope provides light and a lens for viewing and transmitting internal images of the brain.
- Cutting-edge instruments are used for dissection and tumor removal.
Benefits of Supraorbital Eyebrow Craniotomy:
- No incisions
- No scarring
- Less trauma to the brain and critical nerves
- Reduced risk of neurological damage
- Fewer side effects
- Faster recovery time
- Improved quality of life
Robert Louis, MD, a fellowship-trained Orange County Neurosurgeon, is the Director of the Skull Base and Pituitary Tumor Program at Hoag Memorial Hospital in Orange County, California. Dr. Louis has particular expertise in endoscopic and minimally invasive treatment of benign and malignant brain tumors, sellar and parasellar tumors and skull base tumors.