Supraorbital Eyebrow Craniotomy Approach Newport Beach & Orange County, CA
Supraorbital Eyebrow Approach in Orange County
Supraorbital eyebrow craniotomy is a safe and effective keyhole approach used to access and remove metastatic brain tumors and gliomas located along the sub frontal section of the brain or around the pituitary gland, which is close to the optic nerve or vital arteries. This approach uses a small incision (1.5 – 2 cm x 2.5 cm) to create an opening above the orbit.
With Supraorbital Eyebrow Craniotomy:
- Dr. Louis can safely access and remove tumors located in the front of the brain.
- Only a small incision is made within the eyebrow line
- Cutting-edge instruments are used for dissection and tumor removal.
Benefits of Supraorbital Eyebrow Craniotomy:
- Minimal scarring
- Less trauma to the brain and critical nerves
- Reduced risk of neurological damage
- Fewer side effects
- Faster recovery time
- Improved quality of life
Robert Louis, MD, a fellowship-trained Orange County Neurosurgeon, is the Director of the Skull Base and Pituitary Tumor Program at Hoag Memorial Hospital in Orange County, California. Dr. Louis has particular expertise in the endoscopic and minimally invasive treatment of benign and malignant brain tumors, sellar and parasellar tumors, and skull base tumors.